– Cook the rice in lightly salted water according to the instructions on the packet.
– Wash and peel the asparagus – for white asparagus the whole stalks, for green asparagus only the lower third of the stalks. Remove the woody ends. Cut the asparagus into pieces of about 2 cm. First blanch the white asparagus for 5 to 6 minutes, then the green asparagus for 3 to 4 minutes in boiling water until firm to the bite.
– Peel the mango, remove the flesh from the core and cut into fine strips. Wash the chilli pepper, remove the stalk and seeds and finely chop the flesh. Mix half of it with a little salt and 1 pinch of sugar into the mango strips. Clean the spring onions, wash them and cut them lengthwise into fine strips and add them to the mango as well.
– Peel and finely dice the shallots. Remove the outer leaves and dry ends from the lemongrass stalks. Wash the lemongrass and dice very finely. Heat the oil in a pan and sauté the shallots until translucent. Add the lemongrass, the remaining chilli and the coconut flakes and fry briefly until the flakes are golden brown. Season with salt.
– Put each chicken inner fillet on a wooden skewer and season with salt and pepper. Melt the clarified butter in a large frying pan. Fry the chicken in it for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side until crispy.
– Mix the asparagus pieces into the mango salad. To serve, divide the rice into bowls, place the mango and asparagus salad in the middle and top with the chicken satay. Sprinkle with the coconut crisp and serve with fresh cress.
Chicken satay with asparagus-mango salad and coconut rice
The content of this promotion campaign represents the views of the author only and is his/her sole responsibility. The European Commission and the European Research Executive Agency (REA) do not accept any responsibility for any use that may be made of the information it contains.